- Samhällsvetenskapsprogrammet (SA) Årskurs 3
- Engelska 7
Shakespeare | Frågor och svar
En uppsats på engelska som innehåller svar på frågor om Shakespeare.
1. Discuss Shakespeare's language compared to today's modern English. What is the language like? Is it old-fashioned, different, hard/easy to understand, as special as people say? Give examples!
2. Compare Romeo and Juliet to other love stories in history and/or in our time, in real life or in movies, games, books. Is this love story as epic as people say?
3. Do you believe in love at first sight and/or true love? Argue your opinion!
4. Compare and analyze sonnet 18 and 130 and explain their differences. Give examples of things that differ. Also, discuss which one you like more and why!
5. Discuss the message of Shylock's monologue in The Merchant of Venice. What does Shakespeare want the reader to learn? In what way can this text be used in today's society?
6. Why is Shakespeare still famous today? Why do we still talk about him? According to experts, Shakespeare is extraordinary, but what is it that made him so great? Do you agree or not? Present arguments for or/and against this. Give examples!
1. It is different compared to the English we speak today. Shakespeare was a pioneer of the art of poetry, and his use of languages shows it. There are loads of sentences that depend on the reader/viewer to have some former knowledge of the subject at hand, or else they will feel confused. Usually this is what happens when a person reads a bit of Shakespeare's work, they do not have any prior knowledge of renaissance English and that is why the public opinion of Shakespeare's work is one of difficulty. Of course, the words who were long gone are still existing in his poetry, so it is perfectly normal not ...
3. I do not. I believe that love is a risk for both parties. They both search for a special someone to share their previous emotions and experiences, and strive to create new ones together. Love at first sight is tossing the dice without learning the odds and percentages ...
4. Sonnet 18 is from the perspective of the girl, sonnet 130 is from the perspective of the boy. They complete the same purpose, describing their loved ones. The girl describes the boy as the warmth, like the sun while the boy... Köp tillgång för att läsa mer